Don’t Panic: Wedding season is here! Look Good with my Fashionable Wedding Guest Outfit Ideas
April is here and that means Wedding Season has started! If you are like me, then chances are you have a few weddings to attend this year, and you are excited and panicked at the same time. Excited that you get to attend such a special event, panicked because you have no idea what you are going to wear!
Weddings tend to be the time when you meet up with friends and relatives you have not seen in a long time. And I mean a LONNNG time. Some of these people last saw me when I was slim, radiant and had perfect hair. Now I am rolly polly, tired and not so put together. Do you see the dilemma ?
Nobody wants to be that person who everybody looks at and thinks ‘ Oh she let herself go’. Everybody wants to be beautiful and a wedding is one of those times where you can be guaranteed that everybody is looking at everybody to see how they look and what they are wearing. You want to show that you have not let yourself go. That you still have your mojo despite the fact that you are aging by the minute and are not as perky as you once were.
So the hunt for the perfect dress begins! You want to look classy but with sex appeal. You want something that hides all the lumps and bumps, but doesn’t hang off you like a potato sack. Something that compliments your figure without you looking like you are trying to be something you are not. Sigh. Its hard.
So I put together a few wedding guest outfits that I love and can compliment all different body types. Check them out below, you can also check out ASOS Wedding guest selection here for more ideas.
- First dress is from Chi Chi London. This is a such a lovely dress. Chic, feminine and classy, everything you need for a summer wedding! Get it here
- ASOS Petite Range: I love this dress! However if you are over 5’5 then it is not for you. The top ruffle is great if you are small chested and are looking for an hour glassy figure look. It is quite fitted so pull out the spanx. Get it here
- A stunning and elegant dress by Coast. With its flowing skirt it is perfect for all body types. Good for hiding lumps and bumps while looking classy! Get it here
4. This little floral dress by ASOS is a stunner. The vibrant colours are eye catching, while still being cute and sexy. Would look great with a vibrant lip colour to match. Get it here
5. A beautiful dress in a beautiful colour, this is one for the taller girls amongst us from Paper Dolls Tall Collection. This figure hugging lace dress is one of my favourites. Too bad I don’t have the figure or the height for it. Get it here
6. I love love love this look. It is modern and vintage all in one. It looks like it should be on the set of a Grease remake. The top and skirt are sold separately from Coast. I wish I could pull this off but think I may be too short again. Get it here
There you have it, some of my favourite wedding outfits for this summer. If you are still looking for an outfit then check out ASOS’s large range of dresses and outfits by clicking the link below.
Be quick, they have a sale on with up to 70% off. I just bought a whole load of outfits to spruce up my wardrobe.
Follow me on FACEBOOK / TWITTER / INSTAGRAM
I have a wedding in May and I don´t know what to wear. I love the first dress, I was actually looking for something similar but I don´t want to wear white, we are very strict when referring to the colour. Thank you!!
Yea it is the same rule here too. The first dress isn’t white. It says grey on the site, but looks more lavender in the photo. Hope you find a good outfit 🙂
I hope so! fingers crossed. thansk!
You picked out some gorgeous dresses for wedding season! I really love The lace ones 🙂
Thank you Kimberley!
you have great sense of style! I love all these dresses!
Aw thanks Angela
Awesome suggestions, bound to come in handy! They’re all beautiful, but that Coast dress is a true stunner <3
Thanks! Is that the black trimmed one or the floral one?
Good point 🙂 The black trimmed one stole my heart, but they’re both wow! They clearly have a style of their own
Haha Yes I agree!
Nice choices for guest outfits. Always difficult to try to balance the formal look and you have managed that perfectly.Thank you!
I’m not like you, haha. I have zero weddings to attend! But I love cute dresses and those are some cute dresses. Especially the first three, I thought. Although aren’t you not supposed to wear white as a guest?
Ha so funny you are the second person to say that. None of the dresses are white the first one is grey/lavender, second one light blue. Funny how we all see colour differently. But you’re rights no white to a wedding 😝